If the zomboapocalyptic comic and TV series appealed to you, then here’s a good news: Overkill’s The Walking Dead game version is finally out! Published by 505 Games and Starbreeze Studios, gamers are likely to experience robust cooperative gameplay in this four-player shooter game, which also packs semi-optional sneakiness and vast gangs of enemies to kill.
The Walking Dead Gameplay
The game is set in Washington D.C., where a band of survivors battle against undead zombies in their constant quest for survival. A tightly-knit team comprising Heather, Aidan, Grant, and Maya, forms the crux of the game, which highlights each character’s skill tree, play style, squad role, and background. All of them come together to achieve the objective to survive the evil-stricken world. You are likely to get a reasonable degree of exposure to survival horror, stealth, and role-playing elements in this game.
Let’s take you through some of the key aspects of Overkill’s The Walking Dead:
- 4 Co-op game: You team up with your peers and battle through all the challenges that the post-apocalyptic world has in store for you.
- Experience the walkers: In a completely transformed world, walkers pose a looming threat. But surviving in such a world is what will inspire never-felt-before fear in you.
- Our Washington DC doesn’t exist: The DC you see in the game is set in a post-apocalyptic world, where walkers swarm our streets. You need to be super careful of each move you make because one wrong step can get those zombies running behind you.
- Mind your playstyle: Yes, it matters because each character of the game has specific skills and abilities, which you always have to consider. You need to help your team with medicine bags or holding the frontline or shooting enemies.
- Power up your characters: The game has a deep progression system, which lets you increase the power level of your characters. You can then level up defenses of your camp or extend aid to those who live there.
- Get weapons for your playstyle: You can be proud and loud by shortening your shotgun’s barrel, but be very tactical and silent with a suppressor. You can modify your weapons in a jiffy to get the best out of your playstyle.
- Crafting and scavenging: Need tools? Pick up some scrap to turn them into useful tools for your next battle. You can also use them to unlock new paths through the game.
- A changing world: As you progress through the game, the difficulty level adapts automatically to the changes taking place in the world. This, however, would depend on the level at which your character is playing and also the number of peers playing with you.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead deserves a thumbs up for its thrills and fight sequences. The realistic graphics and meticulous characterization of the game are worth a savvy gamer’s time. The game is out on Steam and has a Deluxe Edition, a version which brings in more character skins and extra equipment, along with a soundtrack and art book. Gamers, there’s another good news for you- the game is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in February 2019. Do give it a try.